|Climbable courtyard installation|
5905 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Follow LACMA on Facebook
Type: Indoors, Outdoors
Category: Entertainment, Art, Food, Drink
Company: Everyone. Seriously.
Cost: $15 for adults ($20 for special exhibits), Seniors and Students $10, 17 and under free
Quickie: Aside from the art, LACMA has kid-friendly art pieces (re: touchable) and young-adult allures (re: an outside bar) which pretty much guarantees you can convince anyone to visit at least once.
OTC Tip: Admission is free for everyone on the 2nd Tuesday of each month and certain Holidays
|Ray's and Stark Bar|
1. Order tickets online (especially for special exhibits) and save yourself the stress of finding out day-of that your planned visit has been sold out
2. Have a drink and snack at Ray's and Stark Bar (conveniently located in the inner LACMA courtyard) - note: the drinks are stiff and the burger looks like a potential Rustic Canyon rival...
3. If you prefer sustenance on the cheaper side there is a resident line of reputed food trucks on the opposite bank of Wilshire
1. Go tired or hungry or without a "plan" - LACMA is huge and the more direction you have the better your experience
2. Forget cash - unless you want to troll the surrounding neighborhoods in search for parking, you will want to park in one of the cash-for-parking lots (ranges from $7-$15)
|I recommend you jump right on|